[CQ-Contest] Kenwood TS930S Problem - Help !!

Jeffrey Clarke ku8e1 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 21 07:27:22 EST 2000

Hi All,

   I am joining the PJ2T team for CQWW CW this weekend. The guys down
there are having a problem with their Kenwood TS930S. Here is a
description of the problem  :

  The Kenwood TS 930S was putting out horrible hum with the CW, so in
the process of messing with the AC grounds, there was a quick in and
out of AC power, and now the 930 is sick. We need help.

When you power on the 930, it comes up with the S meter pegged and all
buttons and controls useless. Recycling the power switch does not help.
Acts like it needs a logic reset, but neither us nor the book know to
do
that. Right now it is useless, and we are VERY much in need of help and
advice to get the radio running again.

 Anyone have a suggestions as what to do to fix this so I can maybe get
parts before I leave in a couple of days ???? Thanks.....

                                      Jeff  KU8E