[CQ-Contest] Cabrillo - Who's in Charge?

k8cc k8cc at mediaone.net
Wed Nov 22 10:04:21 EST 2000

Paul,

There is no question about who is in charge with regards to Cabrillo -
that's Trey Garlough, N5KO.  Trey the spent the time researching the
requirements, getting input from the various logging software writers, and
put together the Cabrillo specification.

The real question is whether the CQWW contest will accept logs to the
Cabrillo specification, or to their own "Cabrillo-plus" specification.  I
respect their right to require whatever they think is necessary, but
"Cabrillo-plus" is not Cabrillo.

While some of the new fields Larry created are useful, most are simply
different representations of information available elsewhere in the
log.  If the CQWW committee believes these fields are necessary, then they
should make their case to N5KO.  If the Cabrillo standard changes, then NA
will support the change.

This is not really a topic which needs to consume bandwidth here on
CQ-Contest.  Contest entrants are not really interested in the content of
the Cabrillo file.  It's up to us software writers to make sure our
programs meet the specs so our users don't have to worry about it.

73,

Dave/K8CC

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com