[CQ-Contest] overwhelmed by packet spot dumper inners

Paul Womble pwomble1 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Nov 27 14:02:19 EST 2000

Classic example of the packet phenomena this weekend:

VU2PAI was on 20m cq'ing high up in the band and listening up 1.  All at
once no less than one dozen "Big Guns" all started calling right on
frequency.  No doubt the result of a spot.

If they had listened first...they would have known to transmit up 1.

After I worked VU2PAI with my 5 watts and C3 tribander...I had to pause
to listen to the pile of "Big Guns" still calling on the wrong
frequency. They could not hear "up 1" because they were all calling
without listening.

After a quick laugh I was off to find the next mult!

73
Paul K4FB/QRP

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com