[CQ-Contest] Re: Packet pile ups - do we need them?

GérardParat gerard.parat at detexis.thomson-csf.com
Tue Nov 28 08:39:17 EST 2000

Dick Frey wrote :

> Well put, Martin.
>
> It is frustrating on this side too.  We unassisted ops are really happy when
> we stumble across a new mult - you were a double on 40M.  Suddenly there is
> no order -- Big Stations calling out of sequence, off frequency, and not
> listening.  It seems the tactic is to grab the spot and call repeatedly
> until the station answers.
>
>  Load, fire, aim.
>
> Dick   K4XU

I was listening on 15m HS1RU calling without any taker. Since we needed this
multiplier but 10 mn timer was still going on, I spotted him to catch some guys
and to avoid him QSY. Just a few seconds after, there was two calls for him. One
minute later, it was close to chaos.
(1) Sure, he didn't QSY but it has been harder to add this new one !
(2) Internet PacketCluster is a terrific weapon.
(3) In order to relax "semi rare" multiplier, don't hesitate to spot big station
;-)

--
73 Gérard f6fgz at f5in

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com