[CQ-Contest] IDing revisited...

v31jp at logical123.net v31jp at logical123.net
Thu Nov 30 15:57:09 EST 2000

Sorry, Rod.
Those that use infrequent IDing are poor operators that can't
handle a pile up any other way. I wouldn't use or follow them
as good examples. I occassionally drop mine down to where I
ID every other to every third QSO, but never any longer. That
only happens when I am running around 200 Q's an hour. Even then,
I get the idiot lid going dididumdumdidit, blocking a current
QSO. When they don't ID frequently, I cruise on. The general
rule is, Q/rate=60/hr, ID every QSO. Q/rate=120/hr, ID every
other QSO. Q/rate=200+/hr, ID every third QSO.

You manage the pile up through other methods.

--
73 de K8 Joe "Palooka" & Beverly
Joe Pontek

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com