[CQ-Contest] Contest-Cops

KI9A at aol.com KI9A at aol.com
Thu Nov 30 17:28:30 EST 2000

--part1_ae.dc39918.27582e8e_boundary

I see a large difference between spotting yourself, & ASKING to be spotted...
Why is this even an issue?

-Chuck KI9A

--part1_ae.dc39918.27582e8e_boundary

<HT

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com

From: James Funk" <jfunk at adams.net (James Funk)
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 11:27:01 -0600
Subject: [CQ-Contest] stirring the pot....

Now that we know what a good guy 'AR is and can put that to rest :).....

I received no responses from my query to mentors as to how they recognized
young ops with the potential to be superior contesters and how they brought
them along.  I can't derive any conclusions from that except that maybe it
was posted too close to CQWW for anybody to worry about it.  Still think it
was a good question (IMHO....)....

Another question.

I've heard a couple of instances of criticism of multi-op operators'
behavior.  I'm wondering if two circumstances might contribute to this
problem:  1) the attitude that "the team is depending on me, so I have to
get this mult...NOW...no matter how I do it; and 2)the semi-anonymity of
using another person's callsign.  There will be those who believe that
multi-op behavior is no worse than that of any others, and I'll hear from
you.  What I'd like to know is how many of you hosts regularly issue
directions to your operators as to what behavior is/is not acceptable and if
you ever monitor it?

See you all on the "Gentleman's Band" this weekend.
73, Jim N9JF

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com