[CQ-Contest] Re: what do you mean solicitation???????

Sylvan Katz jskatz at sk.sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 3 02:28:39 EDT 2000

Well OJ

> Of course this is solicitation!  Are you saying that as a ham stumbling
> across a guy running station you would NOT tune to that frequency...I do NOT
> believe that!

When I look in my Word 97 theasuraus the synoyms I see for SOLICIT are "ask
for", "beg", "importune", "seek", "petition for", "plead for", "request",
"implore", "crave", " beseech" and the antonym I see is "grant".

> OOooooops this is me thinking, excuse me for injecting my thoughts, but
> heah - of course you would check it out - get like fer real, dude!

Eh ... Oooops excuse me for checking the facts dude but no where in the list of
synonyms do I see "web cam". It would seem that solicitation is an act not a
technology ... oh dear how could that be dude?

> We all would love to have been able to watch K1TO and N5TJ win WRTC again

And guess what! Your wish will  come true as dozens no let me predict that
hundreds or maybe thousands of web cammed stations will be operating within a
decade. It is a glorious horizon we stand on .... enjoy the view!!

CU ZX

PS - don't forget about Napster,  you know the small thorn in big business'
backside with one heck of a sting. Ah the price we pay for progress. Isn't it
lovely!

--
Sylvan Katz
Saskatoon, Sask