[CQ-Contest] Re: Yeah - big fella, check out the website!

Sylvan Katz jskatz at sk.sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 3 09:10:16 EDT 2000

GM OJ - SOLID CPI -WX HR SUNNY & WARM

First let me say that is a pleasure to met some one with a such vivid
imagination and a fine talent for writing. You are truely gifted.

> ZX- say what ya will dude but the end result is it is an "advertisement" and
> as such a solicitation would be the outcome! Kinda like why they give away
> free tastes in the grocery store of that frozen pizza, etc...its a "hook"

I guess most of advertising I see an invitation to buy without the ability to
test unless you commit. Sort of like the dating game.  But I think you might
have lost the sight of the forest for the trees. It seems to me it will be might
be more difficult to find a contest web cam in the infinite bandwidth of the
internet than a cw signal in the bottom 100 KHz of  20m. When I am contesting I
only have time to scan the bands and not the internet too. If a web cam station
happens to pick up a couple of Qs at my expense but at the same time educate a
wider audience about the wonders of amateur radio I am more than willing to pay
the price.

> "uh K4OJ your 59 Saskatchewan, love your webcam dude - is that a Logitech
> camera your running there?"

Oooops - OJ -  I think you might have an error in you log entry - be careful you
could  loss some valuable points and VE5 is sometimes a difficult multiplier to
find. The transmission actually was

"uh K4OJ your 59 Saskatchewan, nice imagination but  what was the  your logic
behind  your web cam comments on the cq-contest reflector?

DE ZX

--
Sylvan Katz
Saskatoon, Sask