[CQ-Contest] Re: CQWW

Jan.E.Holm at telia.se Jan.E.Holm at telia.se
Thu Oct 26 14:20:14 EDT 2000

      It used to be that when you signed your score/summary sheet
      you at the same time declared that all rules of the contest as
      well as for amateur radio in your country wass observed and
      followed.
      Now, these days if you submit log with an email you don´t
      sign anything anymore.
      Carrying this any further would getting in to politics and that
      I refuse to do.
      Just play it cool and operate. Besides I am not allowed to run
      the 1500W stipulated below.

      73, Jim SM2EKM
--------------------------------------

Bob Cox wrote:
"unsportsmanlike conduct" such as
> running excess power which we define as more than 1500 w output on any
band,
> the use of packet by a non-assisted entrant or self-spotting by those
using
> packet .  Contesting depends on the  fair competitive spirit of all
> participants.

I failed to detect this power limit in CQWW RULES. Therefore, I wonder
if
this posting to cq-contest reflector has any serious meaning? Being
part of
newborn democratic Serbia, I'm little too sensitive about certain
democratic
institutions, like Contest Rules, and the people who are (in charge of)
defining  whatever is NOT STATED in the rules.
Please add this definition to the rules, and do not make me think that
Contest Director is beyond Contest Rules, or is he?

73 Kele
(Callsign anonymous, but known to the reflector owner, some
implications may
happen...)

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com