[CQ-Contest] Question

John T. Laney, III K4BAI at worldnet.att.net
Thu Oct 26 18:19:07 EDT 2000

Hi Dick:  I may do the same thing in CQWW CW.  My understanding is that
you are encouraged to turn in your single band log PLUS a check log for
the other bands.  Otherwise, the guys you work on the other bands will
be penalized for not appearing in your log.

Of course, for CQWW CW, I have the use of a second call at the same QTH.
Doesn't almost everyone?  If you have a second call available, why not
use it on the other bands and turn in a check log for the second call?

In any case, it is clear that you MAY NOT solicit contacts for your
single band operation on the other bands no matter what call you are
using.  A certain South American single band operator has done this to
me in each of the past two years (calling me on 20 meters with another
call and asking me to move to another band).

73, John, K4BAI/8P9HT (8P9Z in CQWW CW).

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com