[CQ-Contest] How about 40M?

Fabian Kurz fk at diolog.de
Tue Oct 31 14:53:25 EST 2000

Tom Baugh wrote:

> In listening and listing the gripes,  might I also say that operating
> practices on 40 M where terrible. I heard no less than 8 times.. an
> unidentified operator, transmit on the DX listening frequency. Asking for
> the needed split information and another "unidentified" amateur transmitting
> "why don't you just make you contact ON the frequency". Both of them of
> course wrong, in what they did  tombaugh at megsinet.net

other aspect of 40m: band plan violations! ... many european stations
made qso's below 7.040, the lowest i heard was around 7.010 ... making
CW contacts impossible

just to remember:

XII. DISQUALIFICATION: Violation of amateur radio regulations in the
country of the
contestant, or the rules of the contest; unsportsmanlike conduct
[...]
will be deemed sufficient cause for disqualification.

(from Rules 2000, www.cqww.com)

73, Fab DJ1YFK

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com