[CQ-Contest] Penalties for 0-Point QSOs in CQWW??

Tim Duffy tduffy at sygnet.com
Mon Sep 4 13:32:09 EDT 2000

Hello Wil:

When a zero point QSO is marked either -B or -N, no penalty points are
deducted because of this removed QSO (Your QSO total will only change by
-1). Check to see how many points were deducted for the total band points
and I am sure you will find that it is correct for zero point QSO
deductions.

However, if a zero point QSO was a multiplier, then the QSO is deducted, no
penalty points are assessed and the multiplier is gone (assumes you did not
have another good QSO in the log to replace the bad one).

Additionally, If a log has a two point QSO is marked as -B or -N, then 6
points (3 QSO Penalty x 2 Points per QSO) will be deducted. Remember that
penalty QSOs are assessed as point reductions only, not as QSO reductions.

73,
Tim K3LR

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com