[CQ-Contest] Penalties CQWW??

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Wed Sep 6 08:42:05 EDT 2000

>>K3BU:
>> Why should anybody get any penalties with computerized logging?
>
>  You would be surprised, in CW contests, how many people copy my call as
>  W7WSY instead of W7WHY.  If it gets entered that way and not corrected,
>  what difference does it make if you're using a computer or paper log??
>  Computers only print out what you put in (GIGO)
>  Tom W7WHY

Another factor for those of us who aren't the world's greatest typists
is the "fat finger" syndrome.  When I write W7WHY on a piece of paper, I
meant to write W7WHY.  When I'm typing, I may type W7QHY and it could go
right by me at 4 AM when I'm fighting off sleep. I may have copied the
call correctly and sent it correctly, but these fingers have a mind of
their own ...

73, Zack W9SZ

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com