[CQ-Contest] Exisiting Penalty System is Working Very Well

Ken Widelitz widelitz at gte.net
Wed Sep 6 22:03:08 EDT 2000

Hi Rich,

Recording the contest allows the operator to listen to the UBN QSOs and
learn about how mistakes are made. I've found the UBN reports to be about
95% accurate recently with the improved software. In fact, I've used my
recordings to help Tree improve his software by QCing his preliminary UBN
for me against the recordings.

What have I learned? I mess up on JS# / JH# so I ask for lots of fills when
called by JS's. I make more mistakes on the 2nd radio so I listen to confirm
sent info on 2nd radio QSOs. If someone comes back to K6NA in the sprint,
they probably mean K6NA and not K6LA so I pay very close attention in that
situation.

I also use the tapes to "warmup" before a contest. I like to listen to
sections I have noted as having done something particularly well so as to
raise my confidence before a contest.

Recording the contest does NOT mean you are cheating.

73, Ken, K6LA, Ken Six Los Angeles

K6LA at GTEMAIL.NET

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com