[CQ-Contest] Dupes and computer logs

Bob Naumann - N5NJ n5nj at gte.net
Thu Sep 7 12:41:45 EDT 2000

K2AV said:

****  IS THERE AN INNOCENT WAY FOR HIM TO LOG ME? YES. ****

I hear him as W7WHY and give him an exchange, he comes back, gives me
an exchange, and drops his call as W7WSY, and all of a sudden I'm not
sure what his call is as he disappears. NOT HIS FAULT I blew his call.
HOW DO I KEEP HIM FROM GETTING A NIL I realize I blew his call and I
really don't have a Q. How do I get it out of his log?

I need a way to "NO CLAIM" a QSO in the log.

*****************
He is to blame here.  He did not confirm that you got his call
correct.  You should not log it and it's his fault and he should get
the penalty.  What do you mean by "drops his call as W7WSY" ?  He made
an error sending ?  Certainly confirms that it's his fault that you're
in doubt.

The key phrase you used is "I'm not sure".  If you're not sure, then
don't log it.

73,
Bob N5NJ

Robert E. Naumann