[CQ-Contest] Penalties, cheating, unfair advantages, ad nauseating.....

Tony Rogozinski trogo at telegraphy.com
Fri Sep 8 20:08:25 EDT 2000

Virtually the only email postings I've seen on this reflector for the past
few weeks concern the above issues and frankly to me it's getting a
bit old.  I've been operating DX contests since 1958 (guess that ages
me a bit) and my basic philosophy is to get on the air, work as many
people as possible using the rules as they exist, don't cheat, log the
contact if it's a valid qso - or at least I feel confident that it's a good
contact - and may the best man (lady) win.  If someone else chooses
to win by cheating so be it - they have to live with that fact and if
they get any satisfaction at all from doing so it basically tells  the
rest of us what kind of individuals they  are.  If the rules don't seem
totally fair - that's life - we don't live on a completely level playing
field.
That would give me more incentive to try to win and a greater sense
of satisfaction if I won under adverse circumstances.

Hey, this is a hobby not a life/death situation - quit your bitchin',
get on the air and do the best you can.  Put all the time and energy
you're expending on this "CRAP" toward making your station better
and yourself a better operator.

IMO FWIW in internet language!

Tony N7BG

"I collect telegraphy keys and most anything
  related to telegraphy especially old or unusual
  bugs (semi automatic keys).  Please email or
  call toll free 888-848-1572 if you have anything
  to sell or trade!"

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com