[CQ-Contest] Penalties??

W2CE at aol.com W2CE at aol.com
Sat Sep 9 01:18:45 EDT 2000

In a message dated 9/8/00 11:49:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
EWALSH/0004504465 at MCIMAIL.COM writes:

> I do not understand N5RP or W2CE, who seem uninterested in competing
>  but impugn the sanity of those who do compete.  This may actually be
>  a valid observation, but not germane to this discussion.  Also, one
>  might have a hard time, around here, selling that as the high road.

It is by no means impuning the actions of those who choose to compete but a
realization that for some it has just been stretched to a breaking point of
the need for such critical checking and the demands of time and interest in
the paperwork aspect as compared to operating.

In my case I find my NA ver 9 has problems since I upgraded to a Pentium
computer. I've been the route with Dave to find the problem and even gotten
the final version from him. I assume my computers setup configuration needs
to be tweaked but no one has been able to tell me where. The computer I used
for IARU had NA 10.?? on it and bombed when trying to make the files. I was
able to get a finished log by running the QDF file through an old ver 7 copy
but you can see I'm not eager to go trapsing through more paperwork.

I like to operate, usually I will have my log e-mailed and fax'd both to ARRL
before the end of a contest as health wise I don't last to the end any more.
If the logs are screwed up at the end of a contest they don't get sent.

  73, Bob W2CE

  W2CE at aol.com    W2CE at juno.com    W2CE at arrl.net

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com