[CQ-Contest] Penalties??

jean giesler w4tyu at icx.net
Sat Sep 9 14:09:12 EDT 2000

My favorate gripe when I am S&P on CW is this:

Station calls me "W4TYV 599" Since W4TYV is a SK I reply "W4TYU 599
W4TYU. The galloping station simply says "TEST QRZ"

Did I make a two way contact or not?  Do I log that contact or not?

Should I simply remove the contact from the log and let him suffer the
consequences. I am sorely tempted to do so. My score is not that great
and a few less Qs won't matter to me

Why in the world can't those stations take the microsecond to put in a
"R" or "TU" to confirm their receipt of my exchange?

Ole Man JEAN  (Not a little pistol but a pop-gun)

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com