[CQ-Contest] Dupes and computer logs

Ivo Pezer, 5B4ADA/9A3A 9a3a at spidernet.com.cy
Sat Sep 9 19:33:35 EDT 2000

Looks I replied to the sender, not to the reflector.. disregard if it's
dupe...

Whenever I'm not sure I ask, ask and ask... Sometimes I stop pileup just to
get that call correct. Whenever I think that I may get it, I try. If it
looks that it's fading out, I tell him to call later. But, I still find
(around 1%) of BAD calls in my log. Sometimes I have no doubts that I heard
W2CE,  I reply to W2CE 59920 and I get back 5995. After a year I get a QSL
from W2CI, who is not in the log, but I find W2CE at the same
date/time/frequency... Coincidence??? Maybe, but 99 % not. UBN shows me with
a high accuracy those bad calls and tells me that our ears, whatever we may
think of OUR EARS, are not perfect. I applaud to UBN for those who want to
look at it it is a helpful information, but also think that post contest
editing (listening to your recorded files, checking partials etc) is not
fair. I want human, not machine results, to be listed. So, the sooner you
submit your log, the better chance that it will be a fair one.

Ivo 5B4ADA/C4A
ex S542B/W6Q

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com