[CQ-Contest] N1MM Logger Beta Program Notice.

Tom Wagner tomwagner at mindspring.com
Sat Sep 9 12:26:03 EDT 2000

We are pleased to announce that the N1MM
Logger will be available to beta testers for the
2000 CQWW and ARRL SS contests.
We are looking for 10-20 contesters would
would like to test the software during the
upcoming contest season.

What's being beta-tested?

The N1MM Logger is a contest logging
program.  It been in development for
the past three years.  During that time
many features, including bandmaps, sound
card dvk, and contact recording have
been implemented.  Of course, the usual
check partial and logging functions are
there as well.  A more complete list of
features and the help file from the program
can be seen at:

http://tomwagner.home.mindspring.com/n1mm.htm

What the testers can expect:

The program is reliable on the computer
and rig combinations that we have tried it on.
What we need to do is to expand the testing to
include a greater variety of environments.
To support the beta users, I will make fixes
(but not enhancements), before and during the
contest season.  I plan to operate the contests,
but as a casual operator only, so that I can be
available to those needing assistance.

What we expect from the testers:

We need you to get the program working
on your machine at least a week prior to
the CQ WW SSB contest.   We expect that
some will have installation problems, but if
everyone waits until the last minute to resolve
them, We won't be able to help very many.

We need you to actually use the program in
at least two contest week-ends.  It would
be best if you could make 300+ contacts on two or
more weekends to give the program a good
testing.  The software is especially good for
SOA efforts.

We need detailed problem reports.  One email
per report is fine, just report 'em as you find them.
The more detail you can give, the easier
it will be to find and fix the problem.  We
will also need to know the severity of the problem,
i.e. is it a show-stopper.  Because this is a
beta-test, I would not recommend that one use
the software in a very serious effort.

General Information:

The N1MM Logger is freeware.  Once the beta
testing is complete and fixes have been applied,
the software will be released to the public domain.
Both the source and run-time versions of the code
will be released.

Please let me know if you are interested in participating
in this beta program.  Thanks.

73,
Tom - N1MM
tomwagner at mindspring.com

P.S. Please forward this email to other contesters you
think might be interested in this software.

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com