[CQ-Contest] Re: penalty

Maurizio Panicara i4jmy at iol.it
Sat Sep 9 19:14:48 EDT 2000

Several groups are planning top MM entry for the next WW with a final
planned QSO number that's largely exceding 20.000 contacts to be
competitive. None of those groups will not try to log each single hard to
complete QSO if the QSO really take place and completes. None of those
groups will afford expenses and efforts doubting that WW penalty rule can
negatively affect partecipation and their final QSO number.
Why the many others whose the goal is to chase some dx and get some cards
for awards would have troubles with penalty in case of busted QSOs ?
QSL cards shouldn't be confirmed if calls aren't correctly logged on either
sides.
This point is not only weak but is totally in line to support penalties for
busted/incomplete QSOs.
All considered, "guessing" DXers are not so many like you suspect, and those
ones are anyway not much interested if penaltyes are existing or not or in
the contest that's a media for them, and not the finality.
Those who think "I didn't hear well, but let's log and send the QSL may be
he logged my call and confirms" have a mind that's not yet tailored for
succesfull contesting and are very far from having real fun from amateur
radio activities.
This doesn't prohibit they change their mind and finally discover that they
can be better in beeing fast and accurate rather than in the gambling game.
Final results that reflects skills at any level just enhance partecipation.

73,
Mauri I4JMY