[CQ-Contest] Sprint --> CONFIRM THE QSO!

Bill Fisher - W4AN w4an at contesting.com
Sun Sep 10 19:33:58 EDT 2000

Hi guys,

Great to see you all last night.

The Sprint is the most log-checking intense contest.  As such, if you
aren't in someone else's log, there is a good chance you will lose that
QSO plus 3 extras.  This makes a BIG difference in a contest where the
winner will typically not have more than 350 to 375 QSOs. and the
difference between #1 and #2 is frequently less than 3 QSOs.

Last night I worked A LOT of guys who didn't bother to give me
confirmation of a completed QSO.  I'm now faced with a decision:

a) I leave the QSO in the log and risk losing 4 QSOs.
b) I take it out of the log and for sure lose 1 QSO.  The other guy
   possibly loses 4 if I'm in his log.

Please, even if we are best friends...  Confirm the QSO!  Just a DIT will
do.

73

W4AN

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com