[CQ-Contest] Jargon

TOMK5RC at aol.com TOMK5RC at aol.com
Mon Sep 11 12:10:42 EDT 2000

This subject highlights something us old farts (K7BV, K7NV and me) discovered
the last couple of weeks doing tower work. With age, we forget the vocabulary
and the techniques that were second nature to us in our youts. The Seasoned
Contesters have definitely been remiss at not developing a living lexicon of
contest jargon. Perhaps we can encourage the NCJ to commission such a project
and put it on their web site.

We also hatched another idea for the NCJ. We would like to produce a movie
called Contest Cowboys, based on the current wave of films about geriatrics
being called back into service for some critical mission. It would include
building antennas, putting up towers, designing a station and solving
critical problems. Anyone want to produce and direct the movie??

Tom, K5RC

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com