[CQ-Contest] Penalties - a suggestion

Vladan Kecman kk at cg.yu
Mon Sep 11 20:16:09 EDT 2000

5B4ADA:
> I think that one gets penalized for BAD and NOT IN LOG calls only, uniques
> are just marked as uniques.

YT3T:

It was shown already that log-checking software, together with some
committee members, turn some of uniques in  -B calls, and penalize them.
Those can be very questionable penalties, therefore I suggest certain bonus,
to compensate for the potential errors that cause unfair score reductions.
Since you are my pal, and the only 5B4 on topband, should I be penalized if
you decide to work just me? It could be unsportsmanlike conduct performed by
you, and I have legal contact that must not be penalized, nor removed. Both
N6AA and N6TR claimed the software is not 100% accurate. How accurate then?
If 90%, than bonus should be at least 10%. It sounds fair to me to
compensate inaccuracy by leaving some QSOs at least unpenalized.

73 KeLe

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com