[CQ-Contest] Seeing yourself as others see you ...

k8gt at arrl.net k8gt at arrl.net
Wed Sep 13 01:45:46 EDT 2000

But Bob, please tell me where this "spirit" info is written down, so
that I may read it and be enlightened.  Your idea of what constitutes
"spirit" and mine will certainly diverge. Sorry, but that is what the
rules are for, and I am old enough to remember when "stacks" weren't
considered "in the spirit of contesting".  Pushing the envelope (and
the rules) is in the truest sense of the "spirit" of ham radio
contesting. If something is decided by the particular contest's
sponsors as not in the "spirit" of that contest it will be covered in
the rules.  I also agree with Bill, W7TI, this subject will eventually
run out of steam when it is good and ready. No limits on anyones
opinions on the subject, just because someone else is tired of it.  I
think it is an important discussion, and thanks to all that have
expressed themselves here.  I also think that "newbies" may be
impressed with the thoroughness with which we examine most topics on
this reflector.

73 to all and see you in the contests,

Gerry K8GT

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com