[CQ-Contest] Post-contest review

Bill Coleman AA4LR aa4lr at radio.org
Tue Sep 12 15:55:53 EDT 2000

On 9/12/00 4:49 AM, Kelly Taylor at ve4xt at mb.sympatico.ca wrote:

>My observation is this: the ARRL General Rules for HF contests state
>that only QSOs where each station has sent, received and logged
>callsign and exchange info correctly and acknowledged same can be
>considered complete.

This also implies that master databases of callsigns and exchange
information are strictly verboten as well, yet contest software often
includes this feature as a way of making an educated guess, rather than
actually receiving the information.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at radio.org
Quote: "Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Boot!"
            -- Archibald Asparagus, VeggieTales

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com