[CQ-Contest] Penalties??

Rex J Maner k7qq at juno.com
Wed Sep 13 19:41:01 EDT 2000

Quack Must get In his .02 cents worth
I know that I lose points because I type the wrong call into the log.

eg.  I enter   w7why as w7hwy ,  now this is a phone contest so the
computer doesn't know that I have his call incorrect and I give it
correctly when i give the exchange information.    Should he recieve a
loss of QSO because I can't type.   I know that I got the information
correct , and he knows his has been copied correct.    I might even screw
up the exchange by copying his check as 62 when it should be 26, Real Old
Timer,  the problem is mine and  I'm getting the PENALTY that I deserve .
He loses the QSO and Others Points as well,  I was the only WWA that he
worked ( fat chance) he loses the mult because I couldn't get his call
correct when I typed it. DUH ???

K7QQ

On Sat, 9 Sep 2000 00:18:45 EDT W2CE at aol.com writes:

> In a message dated 9/8/00 11:49:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> EWALSH/0004504465 at MCIMAIL.COM writes:
>
> > I do not understand N5RP or W2CE, who seem uninterested in
> competing
> >  but impugn the sanity of those who do compete.  This may actually
> be
> >  a valid observation, but not germane to this discussion.  Also,
> one
> >  might have a hard time, around here, selling that as the high
> road.
>
> It is by no means impuning the actions of those who choose to
> compete but a
> realization that for some it has just been stretched to a breaking
> point of
> the need for such critical checking and the demands of time and
> interest in
> the paperwork aspect as compared to operating.
>
> In my case I find my NA ver 9 has problems since I upgraded to a
> Pentium
> computer. I've been the route with Dave to find the problem and even
> gotten
> the final version from him. I assume my computers setup
> configuration needs
> to be tweaked but no one has been able to tell me where. The
> computer I used
> for IARU had NA 10.?? on it and bombed when trying to make the
> files. I was
> able to get a finished log by running the QDF file through an old
> ver 7 copy
> but you can see I'm not eager to go trapsing through more paperwork.
>
> I like to operate, usually I will have my log e-mailed and fax'd
> both to ARRL
> before the end of a contest as health wise I don't last to the end
> any more.
> If the logs are screwed up at the end of a contest they don't get
> sent.
>

>   73, Bob W2CE
>
>   W2CE at aol.com    W2CE at juno.com    W2CE at arrl.net
>

> --