[CQ-Contest] Penalties??

K4WW at aol.com K4WW at aol.com
Thu Sep 14 05:25:15 EDT 2000

In a message dated 9/13/00 6:26:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, k7qq at juno.com
writes:

<< Should he recieve a loss of QSO because I can't type. >>
If "we" have accepted computer logging, IMHO, "we" have not
"copied what was sent", unless it is entered into the log correctly!
I remember all too well recopying handwritten logs before submission,
as my first "introduction" to contesting was recopying SSCW logs from our
1981 multiop effort as W4CN. Some of the most efficient CW operators
had the worst handwriting, and it just "kindasorta" fell on the "newbies",
maybe as a "rite of passage", to recopy the logs so as to make them legible.
Being new, and not knowing the difference, when I came to a "dupe",
I didn't just recopy it and mark it, I removed it from the log, unwittingly
changing the "sequential" numbers from that point on.
I remember "how proud" I was of the "recopied" log, not only for its
"better" penmanship, but now all the "dupes" were removed!  After being
informed that the log would again have to be copied, leaving the "dupes"
in, and correctly marking the, I quickly learned a valuable contesting lesson!
"make sure you know what you are doing, before you do it"
C'Ya, Shelby

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com