[CQ-Contest] Understanding rules (further to Penalties)

Vladimir V. Sidorov eu1sa at belsonet.net
Thu Sep 14 16:32:04 EDT 2000

Gents,

The CQWW rules say,  XI.10 Duplicate contacts and broken QSOs penalty: three
(3) additional contacts removed.
OK, WHAT 3 additional contacts? I can can  see several readings:
- The ones following the QSO being deleted as dupe or broken, just straight
down the log.
- 3 ones taken from the log randomly.
- 3 ones chosen for being also a mult, just to hit stronger ...
- The ones which are not a mult.
- 3 times the points' value of the QSO being deleted for being dupe or
broken.

Well, 5 options...

Let's open up the WAE Contest rules. The ch.10 says, ...Each QSO/QTC which
cannot be verified will result in a penalty of 3 QSO/QTC points.
Isn't it more clear and how much readings there are? I can see just one.
Well, actually I only wanted to say, rules should be clear and should never
allow any missreading.

And BTW, with no comments, another quote from the WAE rules:
11. LOGS. ... Please check your log carefully before mailing!

73,
"Walt", EU1SA

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com