[CQ-Contest] Understanding rules (further to Penalties)

Gilmer, Mike mgilmer at gnlp.com
Thu Sep 14 10:09:50 EDT 2000

EU1SA wrote:

	The CQWW rules say,  XI.10 Duplicate contacts and broken QSOs
penalty: three
	(3) additional contacts removed.
	OK, WHAT 3 additional contacts? I can can  see several readings:
	- The ones following the QSO being deleted as dupe or broken, just
straight
	down the log.
	- 3 ones taken from the log randomly.
	- 3 ones chosen for being also a mult, just to hit stronger ...
	- The ones which are not a mult.
	- 3 times the points' value of the QSO being deleted for being dupe
or
	broken.

They only remove three *virtual* QSOs (the POINTS from them, not the
contacts themselves).

I know the rules

http://www.cqww.com/2000rules.htm

say 3 CONTACTS removed, but I hope nobody really believes the contest
sponsors and log checkers would be so evil so as to remove *specific* QSOs,
risking or insisting on the deletion of additional multipliers?

C'mon, they don't have an ax to grind!

Mike
N2MG

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com