[CQ-Contest] Understanding rules (further to Penalties)

Vladimir V. Sidorov eu1sa at belsonet.net
Fri Sep 15 15:28:02 EDT 2000

>I think EU1SA knows the right answer as well.
>He pointed out
>"rules should be clear and should never allow any missreading."

All correst, Soro.
Contesting for some 30 years, I do know the answer. But there are newcomers
who might start contesting from reading rules... Still, I suggest, rules
should be clear and straight forward, without any assumption. That's why I
popped up and quoted the WAE rules.
Frankly, I am just forced to be such a purist. Just finished working on some
corrections in rules of our domestic championship. There are so many fights
around results of this contest every year, as well as the way of log
checking, etc, so that several months were spent to adjust every word in the
rules...

>so may happen that if you log a wrong qso out of four
>you have a full 0 (zero, null, nothing) good qsos at the end!!
>This was a way to read the rule I think.

Well, it could really be a "live" example of wrong rules' reading...

73,
"Walt", EU1SA

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com