[CQ-Contest] ...the bottom line is VERY obvious

Gilmer, Mike mgilmer at gnlp.com
Mon Sep 18 09:35:21 EDT 2000

I don't believe this compounds (makes worse) the error.  In the example
under discussion, the so-called "correct" log was penalized, the so-called
"incorrect" log was perhaps not.  Penalizing both would *improve* the
situation (the bad guy gets dinged).

Still, I think we agree, sort of - my statement stands:

 Some log checking tries to weed out the "unstable" logs - perhaps
> your example can be used to make the next revision(s) even better.

Also, maybe I'm missing something, but I don't know how you can presume that
the bad log sent the same numbers twice.  I didn't read that anywhere.  What
if he just re-numbered the entire log after the fact or something equally
appalling?

73
Mike
N2MG