[CQ-Contest] Sprint - sitting on a freq. giving out points

Bill Coleman aa4lr at atlnet.com
Wed Sep 20 14:53:07 EDT 2000

On 9/17/00 11:52 AM, Ward Silver at hwardsil at wolfenet.com wrote:

>As long as he's not calling 'CQ Sprint' or otherwise soliciting sprint QSOs,
>and sprinters are calling him, I don't think it's a problem.

I heard the same guy (I believe). I wasn't in the sprint, but had the
radio on 20m during the contest. (I was working on a radio at the time)

He was definitely calling "CQ Sprint and Salmon Run" and I listened to
him in excess of 30 minutes.

Such action is certainly not in the spirit of the rules, by my friend
Mike, W7OT, is always fond of saying that "if you don't submit a log, you
don't have to follow the rules." So, if this fellow doesn't submit a log
for the sprint, that's OK. Or if he does submit a log, if he submits it
as a checklog, that's OK, too.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at atlnet.com
Quote: "Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Boot!"
            -- Archibald Asparagus, VeggieTales

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com