[CQ-Contest] further comments on "cheating"

thompson at mindspring.com thompson at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 22 16:02:02 EDT 2000

Yes, the calls are listed usually at the end of the listings.   The reason
for DQ is also shown.
On some occasions the log is withdrawn before the final listings.

Dave K4JRB

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com

From: James Funk" <jfunk at adams.net (James Funk)
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 20:24:10 -0500
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Nielsen (sp?) ratings and contest off-times

I've noticed over the years doing the 160 meter contests that the time for
the "serious" (uh-oh...shouldn't use that term....) entrant to be CQing is
just after  the top of the hour during evening prime time TV.  Casuals leave
the tube at the end of a show, tune around and make a few contacts and my
rate goes up....

On another topic entirely:
    I've been curious as to just how competitive radio contesters are in
other recreational pursuits.  Do those who go nose-to-the-grindstone in SS
do the same in volleyball, golf, bridge, auto racing, shuffleboard, street
luge?  If any of you would like to send me a list of your other "serious
(ooops) competitive pursuits, I'll summarize rather than cluttering up the
reflector in the interim.  Might even make a good NCJ acticle for someone so
inclined.....

73, Jim N9JF (whose head still has a 32" vertical leap on the volleyball
court, but the feet don't make the trip....)

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com