[CQ-Contest] Cushcraft XM-240 element lenght

GérardParat gerard.parat at detexis.thomson-csf.com
Mon Sep 25 10:52:13 EDT 2000

Hi,

I replaced my former Cushcraft 40-2CD (destroyed by wind storm) with the
XM-240. I would like to know if someone have background on this antenna
to know:

(1) Why (at 70 ft high) to have the correct bandpass center frequency,
half elements lenght has to be 4" larger than the manual. This is the
only antenna on a standalone tower.

(2) The former 40-2CD was 6 ft above a KT-34XA (destroyed as well) on
the same tower. I have heard it could have some coupling problem with
the XM-240 and a tribander. Any experience ?

73 Gerard f6fgz

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com