[CQ-Contest] CC&R Category

Bill Turner w7ti at jps.net
Tue Sep 26 09:18:23 EDT 2000

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000 13:51:54 +0800, Neal Sacon wrote:

>Maybe we should agree on a coding system with 30 or 40 elements and
>let everybody report their scores and select their category by
>stringing together the appropriate codes. I'm filing in the
>SO1RLPTSCLIDBUSWMINSHGMIIWSATCS (single-op one radio low power two
>small children limited income damp basement unsupportive wife man I
>never should have gotten married if I was serious about this
>contesting stuff) category.

This line of thinking, carried to its logical conclusion, would
eliminate power categories, single vs multi-op, one TX vs multi-TX and
any other categories.  There would be only one category, period.

Categories exist because they are a natural dividing point and people
want them.  There can be as many or as few categories as people want.
If you like things as they are, just say so.  Don't put down folks who
would like to make it "better".

73, Bill W7TI

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com