[CQ-Contest] Head-to-head

i4jmy at iol.it i4jmy at iol.it
Thu Sep 28 13:42:46 EDT 2000

The proposal is intersting but strictly involves operativity and
strategy (in two hours there are anyway doubts) but also ability to
suffer psycological pressure (some tactical) and neglects if one has to
deal with poor/average/high/ stations setups and relate problems to
stay a real winnwer in all cases.
Like that, a computer software that could be the ped/Vped evolution
(i.e with band or mode changes) or some internet game would solve all
the problems including those to organize a sort of virtual WRTC in any
unfortunate (under propagation view points) areas far from Europe, USA
and Japan.
The problem is that someone, even who has no radio and antennas, can
develop to be the winner in such games of forced plain, or very lowered
plain level fields, but after, when going to real contesting using real
radios and real antennas (and in real geographical areas) could behave
as the most perfect ingnorant (who ignores) and win nothing doing the
most "strange" things.
Would you invite in a competitive multi op done in a real contest a guy
who never contested on real but won "the great operator" with a PC, or
100W and a tribander, may be from VK ?
I don't, but I'll instad chase for someone with real experiences from
real places and "hevy" results.
Everything is ok and acceptable like a game, but what matters with
contesting is not only "operator" but also "radio", "antennas", "band
knowdledge", "experience" etc. etc.
A real exciting head to head is, for example, "T" from EA8 and "K" from
HC8.

73,
Mauri I4JMY

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com