[CQ-Contest] TU?

Robert Brandon rbrandon at austin.ibm.com
Mon Apr 2 20:15:34 EDT 2001

To my mind, you just want to make sure the running station's switched to
receive and is ready to copy.  So it depends on what the exchange is.  If
5NN leads off the exchange, I'd rather not get a "TU".  If I miss a dit or
two, no problem.  If, as in Sweepstakes, vital data begins from the first
dit (e.g., with the serial number), then I actually like TU or R.  A one
second pause, however, is just as good.

I'm far from a big gun, but most of the guys who contest aren't either.  8^)
See you in the next one.

Robert K5PI