[CQ-Contest] Ionospheric heating

DF3KV at aol.com DF3KV at aol.com
Fri Apr 6 14:28:21 EDT 2001

Hello Tom,

The skeds were at random times, during the week in the evenings,
on weekends often over the day, always same symptoms.
I am pretty shure that this will be not possible on HF, but was often found
on 10m backscatter signals.

 > Why didn't the local broadcast stations, with megawatts of ERP,
 > keep the path open?

The broadcaststations in germany are running not to much power
on the FM band. Most with 10KW ERP, just a few with 100KW.

We think on our path, both sites use the same troposheric aeria for reflection
and keep that spot better ionized.
As there is a major industrial aeria  ( Ruhrgebiet )  between us we feel
that probably the layer of small dust particels  covering the aeria most of
the time is responible for that phenomena.

73 Peter

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com