[CQ-Contest] Re: WRTC Teams

Martti Laine martti.laine at kolumbus.fi
Sun Apr 29 17:04:28 EDT 2001

Dear Rob:

Just reading quickly your mail before heading to my May.01
activities. I can also see that your mail is for public so my
response would be on the same way.

We have indeed considered all elements of the past WRTC
event and hopefully found some improvement areas particularly
in the area of the U.S. team make up.. We hope that our
approach would be acceptable as such and obviously that
the final outcome would prove that.

The element that we have not even considered is that this is
the competition of country teams. The global WRTC committee
that  we are aligned with, has never even considered on making
this completely "free style" what comes to the country aspect of
each team. So in this area we may have to disappoint you -
the teams will be formed on citizens and/or permanent residents
of each invited country.

We hope that the outcome of the event will be satisfactory - both
being another  wonderful experience for people coming here and
also another event that we Finns can be proud of.

Thanks for your mail.

Martti, OH2BH