[CQ-Contest] 3 QSO penalty

Ward Silver hwardsil at WOLFENET.com
Fri Aug 3 13:51:22 EDT 2001

> > I would hope that the QSO is not completely removed,
> > but rather, assigned zero QSO points.
>
> Currently, the Cabrillo format does not have any way
> for a user to assign "zero points" to a line.  It is
> obviously the intention of Cabrillo that all points
> (and multipliers) be calculated/assigned by the
> sponsors.  Consistent with that, no logging s/w that I
> am familiar with provides any method to zero-out a QSO.
>
> Mike N2MG

Well, it seems like to me (who doesn't have to implement any of this) that
a "no fault" function might be a swell idea.  Perhaps nothing more than
putting 0 QSO points in the submitted log, which could flag the checking
software not to initiate a log search for that call.  It would give the
serious guys an "out", while protecting the little guys.

I'll take this off-line with the guys that actually know what's going on
here as opposed to debating in public on a subject in which we have little
expertise...

73, Ward N0AX

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com