[CQ-Contest] No Account QSOs

k8cc k8cc at mediaone.net
Sat Aug 4 21:54:03 EDT 2001

At 01:04 PM 8/4/01 -0600, Tony Field wrote:
>Humm, if the Cabrillo processing is done "correctly", the analysis
>program would look only for lines with a prefix "QSO".  If a given
>line does not have this prefix, it should be ignored.  (I doubt that
>the implementers of Cabrillo would be so bold as to invalidate the log
>completely if it found a "non-standard" key word).
>
>I therefore suspect that  Dave's idea is (almost) implicitly allowed
>by Cabrillo processing software since it.

Tony,

You've missed the point...

Right now, the logging software only operates on QSOs which start with the
"QSO:" keyword.  So, yes the Cabrillo processing is done correctly.  The
user could change the keyword to "SNAFU:" and the QSO would be
ignored.  However, it is also then ignored when the log from the station at
the other end is checked, so he gets a NIL.

What I was describing is a way to identify a QSO I don't wish to claim
because I'm not sure of my received data, however I want it to be in the
log (as a QSO, not an unidentified line) so if the other guy got my sent
info OK, he can get credit.

This is not allowed for by the Cabrillo spec, and I don't see any way that
the logchecking software can figure it out.

Dave/K8CC

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com