[CQ-Contest] 2 tribanders on 1 mast for SO2R?

Barry w2up at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 7 12:46:55 EDT 2001

Dan,
I run SO2R as follows:
One Rohn45 tower.
TH7 @ 25 ft
TH7 @ 40 ft
TH7 @ 76 ft

The top two are phased. The bottom one for second radio. I have
both bandpass filter and stubs. At 100W, one radio doesn't know
the other is xmtg unless I'm within about 15 KHz of a second
harmonic (eg., 7005 and 14010). At a KW, that second harmonic
bandwidth increases.

One caveat: When I did my EZNEC modelling prior to installation to
check on pattern degradation between antennas, I found lots of
interaction between C31XRs near each ohter, and other antennas.
The TH7s were relatively immune to interactions, and real-life
experience has proven this to be true.

Barry W2UP

Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet: w2up at mindspring.com

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com