[CQ-Contest] WAE Rest Periods

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Wed Aug 8 00:23:18 EDT 2001

Hi Gang,

In reading DARC's rules for WAE, I see that the required off time (rest
periods) of 12 hours may not be taken in more than three time periods.

Obvious times to take off, from here on the East Coast are after the European
sunrise from about 0500Z to 0900Z.  Over the 48 hour contest period, that
will consume 8 hours of off-time on each of the two mornings.  This leaves
very long operating periods from 0900Z to 0500Z the next morning on each of
two days where only ONE rest period of another 4 hours is allowed.

I'd like opinions on rest period strategies for handling the required
off-time of 12 hours in no more than three periods.

73, Geo...

George I. Wagner, K5KG
941-312-9450
941-312-9460 fax