[CQ-Contest] Backups

Jim Reisert jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Wed Aug 8 09:49:04 EDT 2001

--- Dean Norris <dnorris at k7no.com> asked:

> My question is ... What do the list users do for hard drive back-up's, if
> anything?

I have a tape drive I hardly use.  I bought a CD-RW drive but haven't used it
for backups (yet).  The road to () is paved with good intentions.

One product I found very nice (for Windows) is Iomega QuickSync.  It seamlessly
makes backup copies to a ZIP drive of all the files in directories you choose.
Therefore, you could set it to back up your logging subdirectory, and everytime
a file changes, it will be written to the ZIP drive as well.  It's a fairly
unobtrusive solution, and I never have to worry that something important isn't
getting backed up (so long as I have things set up properly).

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com