[CQ-Contest] Backups

W2CE at aol.com W2CE at aol.com
Wed Aug 8 14:55:18 EDT 2001

--part1_126.2a72774.28a2d706_boundary

In a message dated 8/8/2001 12:04:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ad1c at yahoo.com
writes:

> > My question is ... What do the list users do for hard drive back-up's, if
> > anything?
>
> I have a tape drive I hardly use.  I bought a CD-RW drive but haven't used
> it
> for backups (yet).  The road to () is paved with good intentions.

I just used my CD/R for the first time to backup my hard drive yesterday.
This is a newly purchased computer after getting zapped by lightning about 2
months ago. The store made me a set of backup CD's when they build the
computer but after adding several applications and restoring lots of data
file I figured it was time to restore my work.

Using a Plextor 12X burner with Rosio 5.0 software was real easy. Just click
on the "Take Two" function and the hard drive is backed up automatically. The
CD/R opens and closes asking for each new CD and reminds you what to label
each one.

My backup was 2.41 Gig on 4 CD's and took 91 minutes.

   73,    Bob Reed,  W2CE
w2ce at aol.com        w2ce at arrl.net

w2ce at aol.com        w2ce at arrl.net

--part1_126.2a72774.28a2d706_boundary--