[CQ-Contest] Y O U be the "NCJ Profiles" columnist !

K7bv at aol.com K7bv at aol.com
Fri Aug 10 16:40:38 EDT 2001

Friends,
Ward N0AX who has been doing the NCJ Profiles column for several years has
asked to be retired...a wish I will sadly fulfill.  Since I do not have
anyone in particular in mind to fall in behind Ward, I would like to try
something different.

I am going to ask that each of you consider writing a "profile" of a fellow
USA or DX contester you would like to see get some face time in the National
Contest Journal.  Ward has shown us that one good way to start off is to get
the featured contester to write a biography of his ham radio history and
provide one or two good quality photos to go in the magazine. Frequently the
individual will share special moments and philosophical thoughts as well.

I think that we can grow on this foundation by having these profiles done by
people who know the selected individual personally -- possibly for a long
time.  In that case, the profiler might be able to add some additional
"color" to the story as well....

I will accept profile work ups starting immediately.  Please contact me at
k7bv at aol.com if you would like to take part in this open opportunity to let
the world know more about a contester of your choosing.

73 Dennis Motschenbacher K7BV
DXpedition Site - http://www.qth.com/k7bv
Editor - National Contest Journal
http://www.ncjweb.com/