[CQ-Contest] Reporting Bogus Station Addresses To The FCC

Nat Heatwole heatwole at clark.net
Sat Aug 11 18:54:49 EDT 2001

>  Let me get this straight - you post a message on the CONTEST reflector
>  asking for help in turning in CONTESTERS?
>
>  Does the word "chutzpah" have any meaning to you?
>
>  Bill, W7TI

Bill,
Individuals doing the actions that I wish to report are not only in
violation of FCC rules because their licenses don't have a valid station
address but they are continuing to use our bands while in this state.
Licenses that don't have an accurate address are not valid, and without a
valid address the FCC cannot contact them. This means that they are
operating on our bands from a location unknown to the FCC with in invalid
license. This makes them *PIRATE* stations.

Not only is this bad operating practice to begin with but even worse when
you operate contests this way and then sign your summary sheet stating that
you did not violate the laws for amateur radio in your country during the
contest. These individuals are not only violating FCC rules but contesting
rules as well. They are as much breaking the rules of ham radio as they are
of contesting. They are not legitimate contesters, they're breaking the
rules. Call me a "chutzpah" if you want, but if contesters aren't interested
in stopping obvious law and rule violations that take place during contests
by other contesters then that says more about contesters then the rule
breakers.

73, Nat, WZ3AR
<heatwole at clark.net>

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com