[CQ-Contest] How did these guys get to be so good?

Jerry Keller dxdog at rcn.com
Sun Aug 12 00:29:27 EDT 2001

If contesting involved only competition among individuals, I also might
disagree with the notion that "those who know must teach those who don't"...
but when you have a group or club which, in order to win, must pool their
individual scores, then it obviously pays to get as many individuals as
possible contributing as much score as possible, and to do anything possible
to raise that group score as quickly as possible.

To that end, actively seeking potentially productive operators, recruiting
and training them, and assisting them to improve their stations and their
skills, and therefore their individual scores, can only serve to make the
club score more competitive.

This conclusion does not involve rocket science. Besides, if it were not for
the purpose of mutual assistance and benefit, what is the purpose of joining
a club?  Finally, learning and teaching are two sides of the same coin....
why quibble about who initiates this essential process?

Jerry K3MGT