[CQ-Contest] How did these guys get to be so good?

Jerry Keller dxdog at rcn.com
Sun Aug 12 18:50:30 EDT 2001

MORE APPLAUSE!!!

Jim says it like it is. And eloquently to boot.

I would only add that while the newcomer in question is only 13 or 14 years
old, there are also many new contesters that are somewhat older (in years)
than that, yet have an equal need for "two-way" mentoring in order to more
quickly reach their potential. One good reason might be that they simply
don't have as much productive time left as Chris....

I was also delighted to find YCCC's website .... like that of the Florida
Contest Group... chock full of really useful learning aids and information
resources. It, too, is an example for other clubs to follow.

It would be interesting to know whether YCCC's performance success as a Club
in recent years, tracks at all with the establishment and implementation of
the Club philosophy that K1IR describes.....

Jerry K3MGT